It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: First Date 2: The Agathons, PG, by C Taylor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:14 pm 
Hera's Fiance

First Date 2: The Agathons
by Chris Taylor

"So, the school dance is going to be over at nine o'clock, isn' t it?" Karl Agathon asked.

"That's right, sir," Charlie said as he sat on the Agathon's couch in his itchy winter suit and tried to not say or do anything that his sweetheart's parents might find impolite.

"Then you should be able to get Hera home by nine-fifteen," Sharon said.

Charlie thought for a moment about the party that some of their friends would be going to after the dance, but then he glanced over at the man sitting across the coffee table from him. His short cropped hair had begun greying at the temples and his face was creased with wrinkles and scars earned in a lifetime of military service. He was a big man, with broad shoulders, muscular arms, and cold green eyes that seemed to be trying to see right through to Charlie's soul.

"Yes ma'am," Charlie replied. "I shouldn' t have any problem getting Hera home by nine-fifteen."

"I'm sorry that she's taking so long getting ready," Sharon said, "Would you like for me to get you a cup of tea while you wait."

Charlie opened his mouth, but paused for a second as he tried to guess the right answer to the question. "Yes," He said. Then for good measure he added, "Thank you very much, Mrs. Agathon."

As she walked out of the room into the kitchen Charlie snuck a glimpse at Mrs. Agathon. She was Hera's mom but she looked more like a college-age older sister. The guys at school said that you should pay attention to what a girl's mother looked like because that was what she'd look like when she got older. Charlie wondered if that trick worked with Cylon mothers too because Hera's mom...

Charlie's thoughts were suddenly interupted when Mr. Agathon cleared his throat loudly, and he turned to see Hera's father staring at him like a hawk studying a field mouse. "Oh gods!" Charlie realized suddenly "He thinks I was checking out Mrs. Agathon! I was checking out Mrs. Agathon! But it was only because..." His heart pounded in his chest and his mouth went dry. He tried to think of what to say but his mind was blank with terror. The older man suddenly slid forward onto the edge of his seat, leaned over closer to him, and broke the uncomfortable silence.

"Tell me, son," Mr. Agathon said in a low voice, "Does it bother you that Hera's mother is a machine?"

"N...No, Sir."

"You're not afraid of the Cylons?"

Charlie swallowed and shook his head. "No, Sir," he repeated.

"Well you'd better be afraid of that one," Mr. Agathon said as he inclined his head toward the kitchen door that his wife had just passed through. "Because if Hera is home late... or if there is even so much as a button out of place on her dress... there'll be nothing in the universe that could stop her mother from killing you."

Last edited by Chris Taylor on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: First Date 2: The Agathons, PG, by C Taylor
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
to see Hera's father staring at him like a hawk studying a field mouse.
It seems that most fathers feel it's their duty to grill any potential son-in-law :D .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:06 pm 
Administrator

Hey! What's up with scarring Helo? *scowls*

Also, his eyes are light green. :D

Good story; one imagines this happening for real. Love Sharon with the tea- Adama's pot, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:03 pm 
Hera's Fiance

rebelliousrose wrote:
Hey! What's up with scarring Helo? *scowls*

Also, his eyes are light green. :D

Good story; one imagines this happening for real. Love Sharon with the tea- Adama's pot, isn't it?

Sorry, he picked a rough career. Fixed the eyes; thanks! :thx: Yes, It's Adama's but the rest of their tableware is from Ikea. I assume that a couple of days after the finale they discover they are really at a wildlife park on the Hot Fudge Planet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:48 pm 
Administrator

The whole SHIP is from Ikea; I actually own the same bamboo ring curtain that appears everywhere on Galactica (and did before I liked the show) and I giggle every time I look at it.

Quote:
Hera's father staring at him like a hawk studying a field mouse.

Also, love this line- when Helo's mad, he does get that raptor look to him, partially due to the light eyes and nose, partially due to the fact that he's doing the internal Michael Keaton in Batman thing- "You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts!" without ever moving his face.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:00 pm 
Cylon Bible Thumper

I love that story, though I think Helo would be smiling when he said that last line.

I will havew to figure out how to do that in about 13 years or so. (Son so what time will you have Rachel home? )

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:50 pm 
Second Seat

OMG! WHY HAVENT I READ THIS YET. THIS........THIS...........THIS :giggles: :rofl: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:26 am 
Hera's Fiance

agathons_fan wrote:
OMG! WHY HAVENT I READ THIS YET. THIS........THIS...........THIS :giggles: :rofl: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!

Although this is a sequel, the original First Date (with Boomer and Tyrol) is more of a technothriller than a comedy. If you want more of the same, you might try these:
Athena's Red Tail Light
http://www.acrossthesalt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=80

Between Standard Nautical Dawn and Sunrise
http://www.acrossthesalt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66