All times are UTC

Post subject: The Flaw in the Plan (Part I), cynderblocks, helo/athena, G
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:54 am 
Rook

Title: The Flaw in the Plan (Part 1)
Author: cynderblocks
Characters/Pairings: Helo/Athena
Rating: G
Summary: Part I in a series meant to flesh out the relationship between Helo and Athena
Author's Note: I've never written a fanfic ever, but something about Helo and Athena's relationship compelled me to try and fill in the motivation between their improbable relationship. Hopefully, I do the story justice. Your thoughts and critique are greatly appreciated.

---

[In a Cylon command center on Caprica]

The chamber echoed with the loud gasp of an Eight as she emerged from the re-birthing goo.

"There, there, sister. Everything is going to be all right. Breathe."

It was a Six

"Just breathe deep and slow."

It was hard to process her words. The process of re-birthing was never pleasant. And even now, she was having a hard time adjusting to her new surroundings. There seemed to be someone else inside her. Her thoughts were her own, yet she had memories of another Eight. A "Sharon Valerii." And yet, those thoughts were as real as her own. As if she herself, were this person. But how could that be possible?

And then the rest of her memories started to catch up.

"Eight?"

"What is it Cavil?"

"You know I hate that name when I'm not around the humans."

"Sorry One. My mistake."

"We've discovered a colonial fleet officer left behind on Caprica that we may have use for."

"Who is it?"

"His name is Karl Agathon. Call sign: Helo.”

"What's so special about this particular human?"

"He could be nothing or he could be everything."

"Sorry. I'm not following."

"As you know, we've been having a hard time reproducing. The human breeding centers have produced no results. And now, the other models seem to think that the missing key to it all is "love." It seems to be the human emotion that is devoid in our reproducing process. So with your model's current relationship with this particular human the other models and I have agreed that the Eight's are the most likely candidate to test out our new theory. And so we've chosen you."

"What?!"

"It's simple. We’ll upload Sharon's memories into you and then create a situation for you to find Lt. Agathon. Back on Galactica, Lt. Agathon was Sharon's ECO, so you should have no trouble obtaining his trust. From there, it's up to you to try to gain his affections."

"And how am I supposed to do that?"

"Oh, I don't know. Why don't you try using those womanly wiles men are so fond of? I'm sure with a little bit of imagination it won't be to hard to get Lt. Agathon to fall for your model. "

"Alright. Alright. I get it. When is this all supposed to go down?"

"Well, we've already begun setting everything up. There's only one more thing left to do."

"And what's that?"

"This."

With those words, Cavil whips out a gun and shoots Eight point blank in the chest.

Mind racing, Eight clutched at her chest as she remembered the bullet ripping through her body. It wasn’t a pleasant way to die. But then again, death was never pleasant. As the memories started to piece themselves, her breathing started to even out.

Forgetting about the presence of Six, Eight’s thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Six’s voice.

“There you see, nice slow breaths. Let’s get you cleaned up so we can start the mission”

End of Part I

Last edited by cynderblocks on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Flaw in the Plan (Part 1), cynderblocks, helo/athena, G
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:47 pm 
Administrator

Welcome, cynderblocks! Look forward to more of your series!

Post subject: Re: The Flaw in the Plan (Part 1), cynderblocks, helo/athena, G
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:20 pm 
Hera's Fiance

THanks for posting this. I'll try to find time to read it this weekend and comment.

Post subject: Re: The Flaw in the Plan (Part I), cynderblocks, helo/athena, G
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:19 pm 
Cylon Bible Thumper

I really missed this stuff :cheer: