It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Obstinate Tin Soldier
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:04 pm 
Hera's Fiance

Jack Raby wrote:
It took me some time to find a moment to read the last episode leisurely.

And I was not disappointed!

Contrary to the last BSG story arcs it ended the way I hoped it would ;) . Which is not the only reason why I liked it.

The Cyrus story sounds very credible (and not because we know what happened when he was stranded). Actually I thought he had been killed but it doesn't matter.

I'm looking forward for part 3 but don't talk about plan pleaaase !! :o

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks to you and everyone else who's commented.

Yes it seemed as if Cyrus died at the end of Galactica '80, but as he pointed out "don't believe everything just because it is official canon." I'm actually surprised no one commented on that line appearing in an AU fanfic. :) BTW, did anyone take notice of a certain "K" word appearing in Sharon's inner monologue?

Well, the best laid plans of mice and men and machines... I have thought of a new chapter for Alternate Tin Soldier; now I just need to find time to write it. And the Cylons: The Cylons don't take a dump without a plan. Of course they have a plan. But when reality comes into contact with a beautiful plan, reality always wins. Then we'll find out how well Boomer thinks on her feet. But I've given enough hints already (and one in that last sentence is a biggie).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:08 pm 
Cylon Bible Thumper

:drool:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:17 pm 
Constable

Jack Raby wrote:
Contrary to the last BSG story arcs it ended the way I hoped it would ;) . Which is not the only reason why I liked it.

Certainly a worthy sentiment. :)

Now, I'm going to click on this again so I can bring it to 1000 views. :wave:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:14 pm 
Second Seat

This is really quite excellent. I hope you're not planning to leave everyone hanging now that the shit is about to hit the fan! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 am 
Hera's Fiance

Look for more chapters as early as next month.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:09 am 
Cylon Bible Thumper

cool

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:33 pm 
Hera's Fiance

Newcomers who liked the 1st two parts of Obstinate Tin Soldier(OTS) and are anxiously awaiting the final part might enjoy some of my other stories here at Across The Salt. In particular I'd recommend First Date, which is actually a deleted scene of sorts from OTS, and Alternate Tin Soldier, which is a lighthearted spoof of OTS.

First Date:
http://www.acrossthesalt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=356

Alternate Tin Soldier
http://www.acrossthesalt.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=604

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:31 am 
Cylon Bible Thumper

Hi Chris

:wink:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:10 am 
Hera's Fiance

PLACEHOLDER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:18 pm 
Cylon Bible Thumper

I miss this stuff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:03 pm 
Hera's Fiance

Well, I was hoping to have the 1st chapter of pt. 3 up for Christmas but Charlie's ear infection put things on hold. Maybe by the middle of next month...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:23 am 
Cylon Bible Thumper

I know that story, all too well!!! :hugs:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:38 am 
Hera's Fiance

Placeholder

(Don't worry, I'll put up another post when this gets filled. This will make sense soon.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:41 pm 
Hera's Fiance

Obstinate Tin Soldier
Part 3: Hero

Cylon Mobile Depot Ship #8
Sharon Valerii
49th Day Onboard

Sharon, Gracian, and Thea moved purposely about the Cryptography Vault clearing the table from the cramped meeting area and arranging the chairs in a small circle. Thea knew that Sharon didn't ordinarily like meetings that required chairs, but this afternoon Sharon seemed almost giddy to be setting them out.

"I'm very relieved that you agreed to join us, Sharon," Thea said, "It will greatly..."

Before Thea could finish her sentence Sharon grabbed her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thank God," Sharon whispered and then just held onto Thea for a moment. When Sharon finally pulled back from the embrace Thea could see there were tears streaming down her smiling face. "Thank God for you all. God... I thought I was going crazy. I though I was lost. I was so afraid..." The words were spilling out of Sharon Valerii faster and faster. "...afraid I was broken and alone and... this morning I just lay there in my berth convincing myself this wasn't just a dream... you can't imagine how much this means... God, what a black, dark hole I was in, and now..."

"We can imagine, Sharon," Gracian said as he stepped close and touched Sharon's shoulder. "We do understand. Maybe not the details of your torment, but all of us have had our own difficult road to get here. We all understand what it's like to wonder if you're the only one, if there is something wrong with you that you don't see what everyone else does..."

Sharon nodded her head. "I wonder," she said, "how many more there are like us. Cylons out there who know something is wrong but are afraid they are alone." Sharon laughed and added, "What if we're all feeling these same things! But we're all afraid to admit to each other what we really think."

"Not everyone, certainly," Thea answered, "but from what Cyrus has said the Evangelists were once a major denomination. Not as large as the Pragmatists or the Evolutionists, but at least as popular as the Absolutists..."

"And that was when the memory of enslavement and the first Human War was still fresh in everyone's thoughts," Gracian added, "Think how many more would be willing to embrace the Humans as our lost spiritual brothers today, especially if they could spend time getting to know some as Sharon did!"

Sharon's smile deflated. "Too late for that," she said solemnly, "now that we've nuked their worlds and destroyed their civilization."

"We haven't destroyed all their worlds, Sharon," Thea corrected.

"Yes," Sharon nodded thoughtfully. "There is still Earth. At least until we can get its location from Starbuck."

"And our small fellowship," Thea confided, "intends to make sure that Earth does not suffer the same fate that the other Human worlds did."

"You don't pick small goals, do you?" Sharon asked, "But if God has already decided Earth's fate then there isn't much we can do about it, is there? The prophesy is clear: Kara Thrace will lead us to Earth, and we shall take a great Treasure from them. That doesn't sound like it leaves much room for the Humans to win the fight."

"True," Gracian interjected, "But what if the Treasure isn't a physical thing? Prophesy is not usually concerned with the wealth of this universe. What if it is a spiritual treasure? What if it isn't even something that we take by seizing? What if it is just something that we take by accepting?"

Sharon Valerii opened her mouth to answer, but then closed it again. "Of course..." Sharon finally replied, quiet at first but then her voice rising in confidence, "I'd never thought of it that way but... Yes, of course! Perhaps the treasure we find on Earth is the rest of our Scripture. Or even something greater. Maybe Shiloh..."

"Well, I wouldn't think we'd find the Word of God amongst a world populated by pagans," Gracian interupted, "But Thea has a theory. Go ahead and tell her, Thea."

"Perhaps the Treasure is simply a second chance," Thea offered. "We had a chance to go to the Humans and share God's word with them... but we made war on them instead. But we've never met the Human's on Earth, and we have no reason to think they know of us. They won't be afraid of us or hate us or look down on us. Earth could be a fresh start for us. We wouldn't have to make the same mistakes. We and the Humans there could finally embrace each other as Brothers. And in teaching them about God, it would give us a new chance to learn about Him all over again."

The room fell silent as Gracian and Thea looked at Sharon. "I hope you're right," Sharon finally said. "I could sure use a clean slate and a fresh deal..."

Sharon's answer was cut short by the loud clanks of pistons retracting in the vault's doorframe.

"That must be the rest of our little congregation," Gracian predicted.

:biggrin: Happy Easter everyone. :ok:

I'm still kicking the cobwebs out, so please be brutally honest in any comments. I need the feedback, especially the negative ones.

Last edited by Chris Taylor on Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:35 pm 
Up The Riverworld Without A Paddle

Heh! Long time no see... How are you? You have to give me a moment to get into this again... What about a "previously seen in your favorite holovid Sharon's Apocryphical Chronicles" to refresh memories ? :bounce:

I think there is a vowel-bug in a name, somewhere. :)

starts gr8t
:platy:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next