It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Previously on Obstinate Tin Soldier...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:06 pm 
Hera's Fiance

…The gun in Cally's hand barked once and Sharon fell back wounded into her Chief's arms. She held her hands over the bullet hole in her abdomen and tried to stop the bleeding. Her Chief put one hand on her wound too as he held her head up with the other. "No. No. No," Sharon heard him repeating softly as the life slipped out of her. She summoned all her strength to say just one more thing before she was gone. "I love you, Chief," she confessed.

… Sharon returned to her senses as the doctor was removing the strange device from her forearm. Helen stroked Sharon's check gently and told her what a good job she had done, but Sharon recoiled with a look of horror. She turned over, buried her face in the pillow under her head so the machines could not see her tears, and choked out the words: "My name is Sharon Valerii, my rank is Lieutenant, Junior Grade, Colonial Fleet number T990429, and I will not provide you with any additional information."

… Sharon braced herself against the wall and studied the other patient for a few seconds, but she (it?) was just staring blankly at the wall and eating mechanically. A pleasant tone sounded and a tray full of food slid out onto a nearby shelf. Sharon carefully picked up the tray and asked, "Do you mind if I join you for lunch?"

"Yes," said the Cylon.

Sharon sat her tray on the table, slid into the chair opposite her tablemate and said, "My name is Sharon Valerii."

"My name is Amy Smyth," the Cylon responded, "and when I said 'Yes,' I meant 'Yes I minded' not 'Yes I want to share my table with a filthy Cylon copy.'"

"I'm not..." Sharon started, "I'm not like the others."

"You're a frackin' toaster," Amy said flatly. She then picked up a bar of food from her tray, stood slowly, and hobbled out of the room leaving Sharon alone at the table.

… Sharon stood, looked carefully at the Cylons around her and, despite her previous plan, said, "My name is Lieutenant Valerii." As she stated her rank with emphasis, the old Model 0005, which had previously shown little interest in the admissions of his colleagues, turned to study the ramrod straight form of Lt. Sharon Valerii standing beside him. "My sin," She continued as if giving a command briefing "is betrayal." All eyes were now on her and she noticed Margarete shifting uncomfortably in her seat. "I had a chance to sacrifice myself to protect my friends and my compatriots from harm. I was not strong enough to do what I needed to and as a result I put my commanding officer's life at risk," Lt. Valerii concluded. After sitting down again she set her jaw tight and stared at Hector.

When Hector turned to Amy, she didn't even bother to stand or to introduce herself. She burst into tears, buried her face in her hands, and said, "I killed my best friend. I killed her and her whole family. I ripped her baby's head off... Oh God, I was his godmother and I ripped his head off. I sabotaged my ship. I put a bomb in its water storage tanks and now they're all probably dying of thirst out there somewhere. I didn't know it was me, I just woke up covered in blood. They made me watch the video recording before they shoved me out an airlock. And now I'm here with you sick bastards that did this to me..." Amy's confession then deteriorated into incoherent sobs.

Hector put his hand gently on the back of Amy's head and said, "I know this is hard right now but I promise that in a couple of weeks you'll be yourself again and all this will make sense." As he stepped away from Amy he glanced back at Lt. Valerii.

… The rest of the worshipers left immediately, but Cyrus remained standing by the door watching Lt. Valerii, Amy, and the doctor make their way slowly and unsteadily down the hall. A tall blond woman approached him from the other direction and stood quietly at his side until Lt. Valerii turned the corner at the end of the hallway. "We have a Colonial Warrior onboard," Cyrus finally said to the woman.

"Do you think she'll be a malcontent?" she asked.

"Quite probably... I suggest we keep an eye on her," Cyrus replied.

"OK, but its too risky to do anything right now." the woman concluded, "We'll have to wait until after her memories are reintegrated."

…"I didn't want them to look like me," Amy said as she touched the bandages covering her self-inflicted face wounds, "They aren't like me; they shouldn't look like me."

Lt. Valerii sat at Amy's bedside and held her copy's hand. "You sure fixed that," she responded.

"Let me guess," Amy continued, "you love me and you want to help me."

"No," Lt. Valerii said, "I think you're something of a jerk."

"Really?" Amy asked.

"Yeah, but don't take it personally. I don't like anyone here," Sharon answered.

"I don't like them either," Amy agreed. After lying quietly for several minutes, she then asked, "What did you do when you were a person?"

"I... um... I'm a Raptor pilot for the Colonial military," Sharon answered.

"I was an engineer with Olympic Interstellar's mining fleet," Amy said as she stared at the ceiling, "We were scouting star systems for exploitable resources when the attack came. Since we had a convoy of ships set up for a long-duration mission we figured we'd stay away from port until the raid was over. But it wasn't a raid. We were searching for a habitable world to set up an outpost on before our supplies ran out. We thought we had left the Cylons behind. But we brought one with us. I didn't know. If I had known, I'd have killed myself first."

… Lt. Valerii caught herself as she was about to eat the third of the sweet treats, and realized what she was doing. She was consoling herself about the loss of Chief Tyrol with the frackin' Cylon candies. The toasters had killed so many of her friends, they had manipulated her into betraying her shipmates… and she had a card game with one of them tomorrow afternoon. She had told herself that she had a good reason, but was it really just an excuse? She had no idea how to purge her body of the damnable Cylon spy that inhabited her, and until she had it would be criminal of her to try and rejoin any human society. Was the hope that she might somehow escape anything but self-delusion? Was she just comforting the last vestiges of her self-respect while she was seduced into giving herself over to Cylon society? How long would it be before she looked forward to nightly card games and snacks with her fellow toasters as they tried to wind down from another rough mission of hunting for people to kill? She buried her face in her hands, afraid of the answers, as tears streamed down her face. She wasn't just forgetting her Chief, she feared… she was forgetting herself.

"O' Lord God," Lt. Valerii prayed aloud not carrying if the spy inside her or anyone else heard, "Remember me… Please grant me strength, if only once."

… Sharon ran her hand through her hair, walked into the hospital cafeteria, and ordered a glass of juice. Amy was already there eating breakfast. "Good Morning," Sharon said, "How did your medical checkup go yesterday?"

"Oh, it went wonderful!" Amy said smiling uncharacteristically. "It was more than just a check up. I'm myself again. They reintegrated my memories. I can use wireless again. I can access the ship knowledgebase. I can put my mission against the humans in perspective now; I don't have to feel guilty about it anymore. I'm so much happier."

"I see…" Sharon said, suddenly unsure if she was talking with the Amy she knew or a Cylon saboteur.

Amy leaned closer to Sharon, lowered her voice and said, "I shouldn't tell you this but since you've been such a good friend to me and I know you are heartbroken over your human lover… Well, you won't have to be sad over him much longer. You get to have your memories reintegrated this afternoon."

… She tackled him quickly, grabbed him in a headlock, shoved the blade in her hands under its neck, and said, "You're going to open this hangar door right now."

"I can't," it said, as Lt. Valerii dragged him over to the doorway. She pushed it into the wall beside the door, twisted its arm hard behind its back, and yelled, "You're going to open this frackin' door right now or I'm going to put your frackin' eyes out."

"I don't have that access," the Cylon responded. Sharon could hear metal footsteps approaching and realized that the toasters' security force would be upon her in just seconds.

Suddenly the hangar door beside her slid open and she heard a monotone voice say "Oh, excuse me I...." Lt. Valerii turned and almost stumbled right into one of the maintenance Cylons. Its huge 7-foot tall, four-armed, shining metal body blocked the open doorway into the hanger. It said, "Sharon? You're…" She pushed her unhelpful prisoner into the metal machine blocking the door and roughly forced her way past it into the hangar. She turned left to sprint down the length of the hangar bay, her bare feet pounding hard on the deck plating.

… Sharon fell as the fighter heaved up, sliding backwards down the hull and off the end of the wing. She landed hard on the hanger deck with her right shoulder. The sudden pain from the impact broke her concentration momentarily and gave the Cylon saboteur struggling inside her a chance to regain control of her body. She felt the saboteur in her head as a darkness enclosing on her from the edges of her mind and threatening to suffocate her conscious thoughts.

"Opportunity to excel," Sharon repeated to herself as she tried to force her body to obey her will again. "Opportunity to excel." She managed to roll over and struggle to her knees, driving back the darkness for a few more seconds.

The makeshift knife was nowhere to be seen, but just a few yards in front of her was a large tool-chest that almost certainly contained something suitably dangerous. As she tried to sprint forward though, a metal claw caught her left leg and she sprawled to the ground again. Sharon's bare skin squeaked against the hard surface of the hanger deck as her unseen attacker pulled her back across the floor by her leg. She pivoted herself onto her back to see the bulky form of the four-armed Cylon kneeling over her

"Opportunity to excel." Sharon pulled her right leg in to her chest and kicked hard at the Cylon's shoulder where its two left arms met. Metal edges cut deep into her heel, but she slammed it again and again into her attacker's shoulder leaving bloody footprints and streaks across its bright sliver exterior plating.

While Sharon strained to free herself from the embrace of her monstrous attacker, an old Model 0005 approached. It knelt at her side, and touched her left shoulder lightly. She could not hear what it was saying over her own screaming, but she saw the pistol it had holstered on its hip and attempted to tear her hand free to grab it. Sharon was still struggling against the weight of the machinery pressing down upon her when the darkness finally enveloped her mind.

…"Welcome back," Amy said lightly touching Sharon's left arm above the cast.

"You have a broken ulna, cracked ribs, severe lacerations on your right foot, and minor lacerations on your wrists and ankles." Helen stated, "Tests show that your memory reintegration was successful. How do you feel?"

Sharon stared off into nothingness for a couple of seconds, and then replied, "My memories are intact, and I can log into the local knowledgebase. When can I get out of here?"

"I'd like to run you through some additional testing now that you are awake; if they don't show any problems then I expect you can be released in two days," Helen answered.

"Good," Sharon stated authoritatively, and then added, "I need a few minutes alone to synchronize with the knowldegebase."

"Yes, certainly," Helen responded.

"I told you that you'd feel better, Sharon" Amy said smiling as she walked away.

… Sharon stood in front of the hanger access door, and wirelessly sent her activation code to open it. She grinned as it slid open, hobbled into the hanger on a pair of crutches, and looked around at the rows of unpiloted drones being worked on there. A large four-armed metal Cylon waved to her from the door of his office across the hanger bay.

"Hello, Mark," Sharon said to him as she arrived at the office.

"Hello, Sharon," Mark replied, "I'm glad to see you're functioning after the damage you endured."

"Yeah, well you should see the other guy," Sharon joked.

"I was the other guy," Mark responded.

…"Enter." said a tall, blond Cylon wearing a red dress. The door to her office slid open and a shiny silver-colored Model 0005 Cylon walked in. "Cyrus," she asked, "Have preparations been made for this week?"

"Everything is secure, as usual," Cyrus responded, "and I have news about Lieutenant Valerii. She visited the upper port hanger bay again. She apologized to Mark, and took a look around the hanger."

"I've been monitoring her wireless transmissions," the attractive feminine Cylon said, "She's been looking into human ship locations, nearby stellar resources, and Raider combat tactics. I think we should keep her under observation for now, we don't have enough to go on yet."

…"Wanting the creatures not to be treated cruelly isn't wrong either." Karen stated

"No, it isn't," Sharon said, "But letting my empathy for the animals hurt our efforts to be closer to God's plan for us is a sin, isn't it"

"Yes, it is,' Karen said. "Have you done this?"

"No." Sharon said looking at the floor and shaking her head. She then looked up again at Karen and added, "I never want to let God and my fellow Cylons down like that. I wanted to have this conversation with you to make sure it never happens. I do feel better about myself now that we've talked about it."

“We are all tempted by different things and we're all going to give in to temptation sometimes," Karen stated smiling, "but I don't think you will fail us in your work to bend the humans to our needs. I think you have a great destiny, Sharon, and you proved yourself well in your last mission. For a woman who struggles against the sin of pride, your humility in this matter is a good sign. If after being named a Hero of the Cylon Race you had begun to think yourself above temptation... then I would be really worried for your soul."

"Thank you." Sharon said smiling, as she squeezed Karen's hand.

"Here are some passages of scripture I'd like you to read," Karen stated while wirelessing Sharon some references, "and in addition to praying for forgiveness, I would recommend that you ask God to help you with your problem. Ask Him to help you to see ourselves and the humans as we really are and not just as your eyes show you."

"I will, every day." Sharon promised.

…. "Amy, when we get back to the Depot Ship, I'd like to give you another chance to impress me. If I transferred you from the farm research to run a small group trying to outthink your old shipmates before they escape our sector, do you think you could handle it?"

"Yes, Sharon, I'd like that opportunity."

"Good, because I'm giving it to you. I'm confident you'll do much better at this task," Sharon transmitted, "I will want a preliminary search plan and list of key identifiers for the drones to look for within twenty-four hours. You can refine it later as you have more time and information. Assume we'll have sixteen scout drones to work with."

"Do you think Naval Operations will give us that many?" Amy asked.

"No." Sharon replied, "But that's my problem."

… Sharon had begun to speak faster and gesture more emphatically with her hands. An enthusiastic smile filled her face as she focused on communicating her inspiration to Theron. "My ideas could completely change the way we develop and use fighters for our invasion of Earth, but that war is probably only a few years away. I think my only chance to get these ideas accepted is to develop them here quietly on a small scale and then demonstrate them quickly and dramatically. I really feel that this could be much bigger than the intel analysis I was hoping to do on the Colonial Worlds, but I'll need your approval and your help to do it." Sharon stopped talking and looked expectantly at her commander. "Will you give me this chance, Theron?"

"And you'll stay on here under me as long as you're working on this?" Theron asked.

"Yes," Sharon said nodding her head

"What do you need, and how long will it take?"

"A Heavy Raider, eleven Raiders, some Scout Drones, access to the upper port hanger bay for repairs and modifications, and a steady supply of both live and training ammunition," Sharon answered ticking off her wish list. "As for time: maybe months...

…"Ladies," Theron announced, "we're all on the same side here. Just give me the facts as you know them."

"Actually," Selene stated, "I'm not convinced that we are really all on the same side here. Ever since she was reintegrated," Selene said pointing at Sharon, "She has been using their slang, she has been wearing different clothes, she is obviously proud of completing their military training..."

"It isn't easy. I doubt you could have cut it." Sharon interjected.

"... and now she is conspiring with the only 'other humans' onboard and encouraging the practice of their pagan beliefs," Selene concluded as she indicated the surveillance recording of Sharon holding Elizabeth's hand as the human prayed to the goddess Hestia.

"So what if I let her perform her superstitious rituals?" Sharon asked. "What was I supposed to do, evangelize her? She's a soulless animal. I'd might as well try to evangelize a rock. I don't see any harm in letting the poor creature have its comforting delusions." Turning to address Theron she added, "And I also don't see how that makes me a criminal. I think what I'm really being accused of here is running my department differently than Selene would have." Looking again at Selene she added, "But if I ran my department the way she runs hers, then I probably wouldn't get any better results than she does, either."

Selene tuned to face her commander and continued, "Theron, for all we know she was plotting an escape plan for the human subjects, the ones that she saved from being killed with her needless lab reorganization. We don't have the equipment on this ship to force that memory from her, but if you will turn Sharon over to my department's custody I could have her sent to the Fifth Fleet..."

"I'll save you the trouble, Selene," Sharon announced, "that is exactly what I was telling her."

"Sharon, I never expected..." Theron began.

"Surely you don't think I was really going to do it," Sharon said dismissively. "The woman was in pain. She had no hope of any other future besides more pain and more pain until she was dead. We all know that pain and continuous stress have adverse affects on people's bodies, and it is not unreasonable to think that it could be contributing to our problems in using the human's bodies as incubators. It isn't as though she can turn the pain off, but people do have other ways of dealing with stress and overcoming pain. Hope for a better future is a key part of that. I am not really conspiring with the humans and I never will. Now are there any more baseless accusations against me I have to endure, or can we finish this meeting in time for me to sit in on the end of the worship service?" Sharon asked.

…Sharon Valerii sleeps soundly. Familiar images fill her dreams. She is looking at the dead brown hills across the lake. By the position of the sun she knows it must still be summer, but the wind is cold and all the trees are bare. The dock is empty. There is no traffic on the water. She turns around and hurries across the yard to the dark-red, two-story house. She stands for a moment on the porch and wipes her feet carefully on the mat outside the door. Her hand reaches out for the doorknob, but she freezes as she notices the foul smell of decay seeping from beyond the door.

The last time she stepped through that door she had walked into the happy warmth of the Tyrol family's Colonial Day party. She and her Chief had both managed to get three-day passes on Gemanon and he had brought her here to introduce his parents to the girl who had stolen his heart. As she swings open the door she wonders what waits for her inside now.

After checking the kitchen she steps into the dining room and discovers her worst fears. The table is set and a Colonial Day dinner that will never be eaten sits molding under a swarm of insects. The stench of decay is everywhere. Theo Tyrol is slumped over the turkey with a bullet hole though his abdomen and an unbelievable amount of blood pooled under him on the table.

She steps to the side and her chest tightens. Her Chief is laying dead on the floor. Another body lies motionless beside him. It is Boxey, although he is taller... older by at least a couple of years. Her Chief's body partially covers Boxey's corpse, and frozen in rigor his hands hold the boy as if his last act had been to try and sacrifice himself to shield Boxey from harm. The floor is covered in a sticky dark stain and scattered 9mm casings. Sharon looks at the cold, black pistol in her own trembling hands and drops it as though it were a poisonous reptile. She backs into the corner, sobbing with grief over her dead family. A fly crawls out of her lover's mouth and she looks away. Then she sees another body on the other side of the table. Sharon doesn't want to look at it but she can't help herself. It is her. She is laying face up on the floor. Her expression is frozen in a mask of horror. Her dead hands cradle the swollen, pregnant womb where she was shot.

"No, it isn't me," Sharon cried, "It wasn't me. It wasn't me."

When Sharon awoke, she was confused for a moment. She was alive and laying in her sleeping berth aboard Depot Ship #8, but the Galactica's klaxon still rang in her head. Then she realized that it was not really the action station klaxon. It was a priority wireless communication from Amy.

"I'm awake, what is it?" Sharon transmitted back to Amy.

"Scouts reports human contact," Amy replied, "One smallcraft, I'm analyzing the image now."

"Transmit all the intel you have to my Heavy Raider," Sharon sent back over the wireless as she slipped out of the comforting warmth of her sleeping cocoon. "I'll launch an intercept in two minutes." She transmitted a second data burst to her Black Angels squadron mates ordering them to come online and prepare for combat.

… Cyrus stood with an impeccably dressed number six model Cylon in the most secure room in the Depot Ship. "Time is running out," she said, "we have to make a decision about what to do with Sharon. I honestly don't know which way she'd go. Her indicators are all contradictory and she is a highly trained intelligence agent, after all."

"I don't think Lieutenant Valerii will stay loyal," Cyrus opined, "and I don't have to tell you about her potential. Let me do it."

"No, absolutely not," the beautiful blond Cylon insisted, "It is too risky, and you are too personally involved. I'll have Gratian take care of it."

…"Come in," Selene said as she sat the candy back on the tray and sent the command to unlock her office door.

Kallias walked in with a grin, and as soon as the door had closed behind him he announced, "I got a complete copy of Sharon Valerii's dossier from the Fifth Fleet."

"How did you manage that?" Selene asked.

"You don't want to know," Kallias assured her. "It's thick, too. I put it in the restricted folder on the Security Dept. core." Kallias wirelessed the file address to Selene while he spoke. As she began uploading the file, Kallias continued, "And there is a large portion of the file that is classified at level eight!"

"That must be her role in the invasion," Selene said casually, "All the invasion plan details had the highest security classification."

"No," Kallias replied, "I already decrypted her invasion plan orders and reports using the appropriate operation access codes. This is something else entirely."

… Clustered around one of the gravitational balance points between the sun and brown dwarf was a dense cloud of debris. Most of the debris was dust and asteroids, but there was one object that flashed and glinted in a way that could only come from precision machined surfaces. It was probably a spacecraft, but the color of its reflections did not match the bright yellow of Lucky's paint scheme. More telling, it was also broadcasting an automated Colonial distress call claiming to be the human ship "Picon's Pride." Lucky had jumped into the system over twelve hours ago. He should be visible from her position, but the human derelict was the only spacecraft she could sense.

It was probably a trap, Sharon decided, and exactly the sort of trick she would expect Commander Adama to use. She guessed that Lucky had jumped into the debris field to investigate the Colonial signal and had been attacked. He was most likely already dead. Sharon listened to the transmission of the supposedly helpless human ship and wondered what she should do.

"So this is what being a squadron leader is like," Sharon said aloud to her otherwise empty spacecraft as she contemplated her first real test of combat leadership. She had begged and fought to get this chance, and now that she had it she wondered what in Creation she was supposed to do. "I wish Kara were here," Sharon thought, "Starbuck would have good advice in a situation like this." As soon as the idea crossed her mind, she felt the same sick, sinking feeling in her stomach that she experienced before her last mission. "Maybe Starbuck is here," Sharon realized. "Maybe this whole thing was her 'out of the box' idea. Maybe she's hiding somewhere in this system with her Viper fueled and armed waiting for me to make the smallest mistake so she can blow me and my squadron to pieces."

Sharon pulled her arms out of Gee-Gee's controls and wrung her hands as ideas and fears whirled through her mind. She knew she had to make a decision: go in or run away. The wrong step could bring defeat or disaster. It was her responsibility, and there was no one she could ask for help. Sharon forced herself to slow her breathing, pushed the fear to the back of her mind, and tried to focus her thoughts to see the terrain of the solar system as it must look like to her potential adversaries. She slipped her arms back into the controls, connected herself to the surveillance feed from the Scout Drones, and asked herself what she would have done if she had planned a trap like this…

Last edited by Chris Taylor on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Previously on Obstinate Tin Soldier...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:08 pm 
Hera's Fiance

I will finish posting the rest of the old Obstinate Tin Soldier chapters including old comments (from those who give me permission to repost their comments) over the next week. In the meantime, I know my readers (I hope that's plural anyways) are anxiously awaiting a new chapter so I'll post the new one here until I get things tidied up properly at the main OTS thread.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:13 pm 
Hera's Fiance

System 890-05

Sharon's Heavy Raider and four Cylon Raiders jumped into the outer edge of the suspicious debris cloud, dangerously close to a large asteroid. Two of her Raiders had to maneuver violently to avoid the rock they suddenly appeared next to. Sharon held her breath and anxiously studied Gee-Gee's sensor readings, afraid that the sudden engine activity might have given away their location. The rest of her squadron jumped in beside another large asteroid nearby. There were no indications that anyone had detected them. The mysterious human ship was visible in the center of the asteroid field, still transmitting its automated distress call. There were no signs of other spacecraft within her sensor range, but some form of elaborate electronic signal was obscuring the pulsar readings Gee-Gee's navigational computer based its hyperlight jump calculations on. Without those readings Sharon and the Black Angels squadron were trapped, unable to FTL away. "Frack me," Sharon whispered.

One of her Scout Drones was jumping back to the Depot Ship to report what she had discovered so far. The other Scout had jumped to what Sharon expected was the edge of the Colonial's DRADIS range and begun transmitting. From her hidden position Sharon listened to the Scout's signal. "Picon's Pride, this is Prospector Seven," came a human sounding voice from the Scout, "Thank God we found other humans!" Sharon cringed as she heard the word 'God' in the recording instead of 'gods.' It was a rook mistake for her to make. For a moment she held out hope that in the static of the wireless the error might be missed, but then DRADIS blossomed with new contacts.

At least three dozen fighters emerged from asteroids scattered around the edge of the field and swarmed toward her Scout. "Opportunity to excel," Sharon told herself as she targeted the rearmost enemy squadron. The Black Angels fired up their engines and slipped away from cover to pounce on the enemy from behind. Just before Sharon transmitted orders to begin their attack run, the contacts on her DRADIS all began turning green as their IFF codes cleared. She laughed out loud as she realized that they were all Cylons, and transmitted her identification code for verification. Her heart skipped a beat for a moment when she thought she had accidentally sent the Colonial identification code instead, but was relieved to discover that she had transmitted the right one.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:06 pm 
Cleaner

She lucked out. That could have been a very, very bad rook mistake indeed.

Side note: Every time I read Gee-Gee, I think of Gee-Bee, a plane in one of my son's books. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_ ... s_Aircraft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:34 pm 
Hera's Fiance

mamaboolj wrote:
She lucked out. That could have been a very, very bad rook mistake indeed.

Side note: Every time I read Gee-Gee, I think of Gee-Bee, a plane in one of my son's books. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granville_ ... s_Aircraft

She was lucky. Either that or Somebody's watching out for her.

There was an article on the Gee-Bee I read just last month:
http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/Bring-Back-the-Brute.html
Like the Gee-Bees, Gee-Gee is just initials.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:49 pm 
Cleaner

Thanks for the link!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 pm 
Mayor of Dogsville

Remember this was the first story I ever read that played with the idea of other sleeper agents within Cylon society. Seeing the other sleeper agents angry and upset about what they had done, distancing themselves from other Cylons they think had a part in making them turn against the humans they cared about, must have really rung out to Sharon how many others were just like her - Boomerized. The idea of the original 0005 Centurions being around and the notion of reintegrating the memories of the sleeper agent Cylons was a neat concept. Great story!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:04 pm 
Hera's Fiance

The next installment of OTS will be a few days late, partly due to RL conflicts and partly due to the need to reinvent some Cylon espionage tech. Go read Sometimes a Stupid Notion instead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:47 pm 
Cylon Bible Thumper

Wheer is the latest episode of this I am wonedring where Boomer is now