It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Whistler Overview and Links to Video
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:06 pm 
Cleaner

A lot of ATS members may not have seen any of Whistler, let alone Tahmoh's role in it. This post provides pertinent information and some useful links.

In a June 2007 interview with Kindreds, Tahmoh described his role in Whistler:
Quote:
The character I get to play in it is just incredible. I play this reclusive artist who’s an ex-junkie that’s become really quite famous, and I’m approached by one of the lead female characters played by Holly Dignard. She plays Nicole who works for this big hotel chain and approaches me to donate a piece, and I’m straight-up a prick to her. Very, very anti-social and hot and cold with her. We have this tumultuous relationship that goes over what is now four episodes. It ended up turning into four episodes even though it was a three episode arc, and they liked are work and our chemistry so much that they turned it into four episodes. I think the fans will be really happy with that. I know that they’ve made some kind of deal with an American network so it should be shown down there [Mama's note: S1 was on The N but they did not air S2.] This is in the second season, and our story line is excellent. I haven’t seen a lot of Whistler, but it’s excellent. It was a great opportunity to work with Holly and just to play a completely different character that I really liked.

For those interested in watching the series, Chamalla, Justine at AATP, and myself created these files of just Tahmoh's parts. Right-click and copy the link, paste it into your browser, change xx to tt, and follow the instructions at the site. PM me if this doesn't work for you. Note that the WMV and AVI files are higher quality.

Passion Plays WMV MP4
Always a Bridesmaid AVI MP4
Crossroads AVI MP4
Last Run - Series Finale WMV MP4

These files have all the information you need about Tahmoh's character Elias. You also get a very good grasp on who Nicole is from these scenes.

If you don't want to watch the vids but would like some backround to read the fics posted here.
Spoilers ahead: Elias is HIV positive, which is the main stated reason in canon that he's so hot and cold with Nicole. It's also pretty easy to gather that he's had a crappy life and is reluctant to let anyone get close to him because he doesn't trust anyone but his dog. In the end, he and Nicole get together, and then she makes a mistake - and he runs away. But he comes back again in the last episode of the series, and they get back together.

If you want more information on other characters in Whistler that may be mentioned in the fics in this section, you can read a not so brief overview at Mamaboolj's LiveJournal.